St. Cloud, MN, Going Solar
The tops of some municipal buildings in St. Cloud, MN will be outfitted with solar panels next year, according to the SC Times.
The story says that the city council this week approved an agreement with Apex Efficiency Solutions to put a 270 KW system atop the water treatment facility. Construction will begin in the autumn and the system will begin operations in early 2017. The story says that construction also will begin this year on the police station.
In all, there will be four installations. They are expected to produce 470,000 kWh during 2017. The energy is expected to save $5,000 and $8,000 annually.
Thoreau Farm in Concord, MA – the birthplace of Henry David Thoreau – is installing a 7 KW solar system. It will be owned by Solect Energy, which will install the system. Canadian Solar is contributing panels and Yaskawa-Solectria Solar is providing the inverter.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection