Standard Developed for Predicting Solar Plant Capacity
ASTM International, the international standards group, has published the E2939-13 Standard Practice for Determining Reporting Conditions and Expected Capacity for Photovoltaic Non-Concentrator Systems – a new standard for calculating the expected generation capacity of a solar PV plant.
E2939 will make it easier for operators to test a solar project before it goes live. Prior to the release of E2939, there was no consistency in how the expected generation capacity of a solar PV plant was calculated, according to Black & Veatch Renewable Energy Consultant Evan Riley, the standard’s technical contact and primary author.
E2939 is intended to be used with the existing test method E2848 that communicates how to measure and report the capacity of newly installed solar plants. E2939, when combined with E2848, provides an accurate and rapid way to verify the performance of a PV plant under sunny conditions – important not only at the time of construction, but also as an ongoing check of correct performance and as a basis for later sale of a plant.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts