Stanford Selects Pumps for District Heating System
Stanford University selected three different ITT Goulds Pumps models as part of its district heating plan that will replace a current natural gas-powered cogeneration plant with an electricity-powered heat recovery plant.
Scheduled for completion in 2015, Stanford’s Energy System Innovations (SESI) program is a $438 million investment in an energy-efficient power system, which will save the school about $300 million over the next 35 years. The 125,000-gross-sq-foot facility will allow the university to regenerate the waste heat that the current cogeneration plant discards. The campus can recover up to 70 percent of the heat now discharged from the cooling system to meet at least 80 percent of simultaneous campus heating demands.
Capturing and distributing the heat requires high-efficiency pumping systems and replacement of about 20 miles of piping across the campus. Twenty-five large double-suction pumps from Goulds Pumps will provide Stanford’s new energy facility with high-efficiency pumping required for the SESI program.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- LED Myths and Facts
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing