Star Refrigeration Launches Energy Efficient HFO Chiller
Star’s new air cooled Indigochiller range uses the synthetic refrigerant R1234ze, which has a low Global Warming Potential of 6. This is an energy efficient, low noise chiller solution for building services, HVAC and process cooling. Star teamed up with Danfoss Turbocor and Honeywell when developing the new range of Indigochiller at its design and manufacturing facilities in Glasgow, Scotland.
A year of factory and field testing followed to verify performance, and analysis of the data collected has confirmed that the HFO Indigochiller delivers increased efficiency and lower total cost of ownership. The Indigochiller range is constructed to minimize the risk of refrigerant leakage and increase an efficient operating life of 20 years.
The system includes welded steel pipes, bellows, seal valves and epoxy coated condenser fins as standard, ensuring high build quality and leak tightness.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era