Star Refrigeration Launches Energy Efficient HFO Chiller
Star’s new air cooled Indigochiller range uses the synthetic refrigerant R1234ze, which has a low Global Warming Potential of 6. This is an energy efficient, low noise chiller solution for building services, HVAC and process cooling. Star teamed up with Danfoss Turbocor and Honeywell when developing the new range of Indigochiller at its design and manufacturing facilities in Glasgow, Scotland.
A year of factory and field testing followed to verify performance, and analysis of the data collected has confirmed that the HFO Indigochiller delivers increased efficiency and lower total cost of ownership. The Indigochiller range is constructed to minimize the risk of refrigerant leakage and increase an efficient operating life of 20 years.
The system includes welded steel pipes, bellows, seal valves and epoxy coated condenser fins as standard, ensuring high build quality and leak tightness.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies