Star Refrigeration Launches Energy Efficient HFO Chiller
Star’s new air cooled Indigochiller range uses the synthetic refrigerant R1234ze, which has a low Global Warming Potential of 6. This is an energy efficient, low noise chiller solution for building services, HVAC and process cooling. Star teamed up with Danfoss Turbocor and Honeywell when developing the new range of Indigochiller at its design and manufacturing facilities in Glasgow, Scotland.
A year of factory and field testing followed to verify performance, and analysis of the data collected has confirmed that the HFO Indigochiller delivers increased efficiency and lower total cost of ownership. The Indigochiller range is constructed to minimize the risk of refrigerant leakage and increase an efficient operating life of 20 years.
The system includes welded steel pipes, bellows, seal valves and epoxy coated condenser fins as standard, ensuring high build quality and leak tightness.
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals