Star Refrigeration Launches Energy Efficient HFO Chiller
Star’s new air cooled Indigochiller range uses the synthetic refrigerant R1234ze, which has a low Global Warming Potential of 6. This is an energy efficient, low noise chiller solution for building services, HVAC and process cooling. Star teamed up with Danfoss Turbocor and Honeywell when developing the new range of Indigochiller at its design and manufacturing facilities in Glasgow, Scotland.
A year of factory and field testing followed to verify performance, and analysis of the data collected has confirmed that the HFO Indigochiller delivers increased efficiency and lower total cost of ownership. The Indigochiller range is constructed to minimize the risk of refrigerant leakage and increase an efficient operating life of 20 years.
The system includes welded steel pipes, bellows, seal valves and epoxy coated condenser fins as standard, ensuring high build quality and leak tightness.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- BuildingIQ Security
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement