State Funds for Energy Efficiency: Florida Schools, Kentucky Farms
Kentucky has made available $1.75 million for farm energy-efficiency or renewable energy projects.
The 2013 On-Farm Energy Efficiency & Production Incentives program, offered through the Kentucky Agricultural Development Fund (KADF), provides 50 percent reimbursement of the actual cost of a qualified energy saving or renewable energy project, up to $15,000. Permissible items include, but are not limited to, energy audits, energy efficient farm building components, on-farm energy upgrades and on-farm energy efficiency training.
In 2012, the program’s $1.2 million in incentives funded projects at 140 farm families from 40 counties, according to Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear.
For 2013, the KADB’s commitment of $1 million leveraged additional funds through the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet to bring the total available amount $1.75 million.
The application is available online, and the deadline for the first round of 2013 applications is April 26.
In other energy-efficiency funding news, Florida lawmakers have proposed a bill, HF 320, that would establish a revolving loan program using state bonding proceeds, Patch.com reports. The money would then fund capital improvement projects that would reduce schools’ GHG emissions and improve indoor air quality.
The bill would require school districts that want access to the funding to first apply for a loan, and submit a description of the proposed energy improvements and total estimated cost. Additionally, school districts would have to hire an independent contractor to conduct an energy audit to determine cost savings from the improvements.
School districts could receive up to half the total project cost from the state, according to the proposed legislation, and the commissioner of commerce would administer the loan program.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement