Static Flow Meter Monitors Thermal Energy in C&I Applications
Itron expanded its thermal energy metering portfolio with its new static flow meter for thermal energy commercial and industrial (C&I) applications. The Axonic meter is a static ultrasonic flow meter designed to meet the needs of district heating and cooling applications. The meter will be marketed globally.
In combination with a connected Itron thermal energy calculator, the ultrasonic static flow meter features intelligent diagnostic functions to control and optimize the entire thermal energy system. The meter continually monitors operating conditions and, in the case of abnormal conditions such as back-flow or air in the pipe, sends an alert.
The Itron Axonic meter features two output ports and also provides the option to add a second device, such as a heat control system or backflow monitor.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash