Stem Energy Optimization Reduces San Francisco Hotel Energy Bill 15%
Two InterContinental hotels in San Francisco – the InterContinental Mark Hopkins in Nob Hill and the InterContinental San Francisco in SoMa – have deployed energy optimization software from Stem that will make decisions about getting energy from the grid or using battery power to save on peak usage charges. The 85-year old Mark Hopkins, with an average monthly electricity bill of $60,000, expects a 15 percent reduction in its energy bill, according to TriplePundit.
Stem leverages a proprietary combination of big data, predictive analytics and energy storage to intelligently switch between battery power and grid power. The Stem real-time, decision-making engine dynamically stores energy from the electricity grid and discharges energy into business operations, making decisions based on large amounts of data, including historical weather information and industry vertical usage patterns.
The Stem system delivered to the InterContinental Hotels includes a CODA Core of lithium-ion batteries and battery management technology. This foundational CODA Core storage technology also powers the all-electric vehicles manufactured by CODA Automotive, CODA Energy’s sister company, and is designed to maximize available energy and provide a long-lasting, durable solution.
With the Greenbuild conference in San Francisco last week, executives from Stem and the InterContinental led tours showing off the installations in the two hotels.
The complimentary report "Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software," created by Groom Energy and brought to you by Enablon, presents the main drivers for companies to invest in sustainability software. The guide describes the biggest challenges, identifies key software features to look for and offers recommendations for selecting sustainability software. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management