Stem, Kyocera Integrate PV, Energy Storage for Commercial Users
Stem is teaming with Kyocera Solar to offer integrated solar photovoltaic and energy storage for commercial power users. Kyocera is the first solar provider to offer Stem’s system, which is available now to businesses in California, Hawaii and New York.
Stem’s behind-the-meter energy storage and predictive analytics enable rapid response to spikes in commercial customers’ electricity demand, drawing on previously stored power. Stem’s system can also predict power usage up to 30 days in advance, charging the on-site battery from the utility grid when rates are lowest.
Stem recently announced that the hotel chain Extended Stay America will deploy its energy storage systems and software across 68 of its California locations.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future