Street Light Controls Save Energy
Hubbell Lighting rolled out a wireless lighting control product for new and existing street lights. The Hubbell Building Automation’s (HBA) wiSCAPE uses a combination of universal street light modules and connecting gateways.
Hubbel says street lights account for nearly 40 percent of a city’s electrical spending. By networking street lights, users can manage, monitor and meter each individual streetlight, and with dimming, scheduling and motion detection features, wiSCAPE reduces energy costs.
HBA’s wiSCAPE fixture modules are installed directly in any street light and don’t require the running of new wires or relay panels, and the system works with a wide variety of lighting sources including: LED, induction, MH-HPS-LPS, incandescent, halogen, and plasma.
HBA’s wiSCAPE gateway is used to combine up to 1,000 fixture modules into one wireless network. The wiSCAPE modules are supported by wiSCAPE View, the graphical system management platform that gives users the ability to remotely access multiple wiSCAPE gateways.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Combined Heat and Power