Street Light Controls Save Energy
Hubbell Lighting rolled out a wireless lighting control product for new and existing street lights. The Hubbell Building Automation’s (HBA) wiSCAPE uses a combination of universal street light modules and connecting gateways.
Hubbel says street lights account for nearly 40 percent of a city’s electrical spending. By networking street lights, users can manage, monitor and meter each individual streetlight, and with dimming, scheduling and motion detection features, wiSCAPE reduces energy costs.
HBA’s wiSCAPE fixture modules are installed directly in any street light and don’t require the running of new wires or relay panels, and the system works with a wide variety of lighting sources including: LED, induction, MH-HPS-LPS, incandescent, halogen, and plasma.
HBA’s wiSCAPE gateway is used to combine up to 1,000 fixture modules into one wireless network. The wiSCAPE modules are supported by wiSCAPE View, the graphical system management platform that gives users the ability to remotely access multiple wiSCAPE gateways.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management