Street Light Controls Save Energy
Hubbell Lighting rolled out a wireless lighting control product for new and existing street lights. The Hubbell Building Automation’s (HBA) wiSCAPE uses a combination of universal street light modules and connecting gateways.
Hubbel says street lights account for nearly 40 percent of a city’s electrical spending. By networking street lights, users can manage, monitor and meter each individual streetlight, and with dimming, scheduling and motion detection features, wiSCAPE reduces energy costs.
HBA’s wiSCAPE fixture modules are installed directly in any street light and don’t require the running of new wires or relay panels, and the system works with a wide variety of lighting sources including: LED, induction, MH-HPS-LPS, incandescent, halogen, and plasma.
HBA’s wiSCAPE gateway is used to combine up to 1,000 fixture modules into one wireless network. The wiSCAPE modules are supported by wiSCAPE View, the graphical system management platform that gives users the ability to remotely access multiple wiSCAPE gateways.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds