Summerhill Snags Demand Response Contract
Enersource, which is Mississauga, Ontario’s local electricity distribution company, has chosen Summerhill to deliver the utility’s peaksaver PLUS program to small business customers.
Summerhill’s service offering was chosen to help Enersource launch a revised demand response program. Summerhill partnered with Energate (manufacturer of the Foundation web-enabled programmable thermostat with web access); Blue Line (manufacturer of the Blue Line Optical Meter Reader); and Trico (a local electrical contractor) to propose a solution that would fit the needs of business customers.
The new program is available to about 17,000 businesses in Mississauga. By participating, small businesses receive detailed information through a web-enabled, programmable thermostat. Customers will be able to track their energy consumption and change the settings on the thermostat remotely, via web or smart phone app.
The peaksaver PLUS electricity use adjustments may only occur on weekdays (not weekends or holidays), to a maximum of 10 times per calendar year, and is limited to four hours in duration, usually between 12 pm to 7 pm. This may result in up to a 2 degree Celsius change in room temperature. Adjustment events can happen only from May to September, and participants can opt out in advance of any event.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds