SunEdison Acquires 50 MW of Solar Assets
The agreement includes 12 projects jointly developed by BlueWave and SunEdison across Massachusetts, many of which are expected to be operational by June 30 and have qualified under the Massachusetts Solar Energy Renewable Energy Certification (SREC) I or SREC II incentive programs.
SunEdison and its financing partners will be the owner-operator of the projects and will sell the net metering credits generated by the systems to the city of New Bedford; the towns of Bourne, Palmer, Webster and Winthrop; Cape Cod Community College and Middlesex Community College; the Massachusetts Maritime Academy; and a number of housing authorities including those serving Fall River, Plymouth, Fairhaven and Barnstable.
The electricity cost savings associated with the projects are estimated at nearly $85 million over the next 20 years.
Once operational, the solar systems will be managed by the SunEdison Renewable Operation Center.
According to a SunEdison press release, the solar industry has supported a 148-fold increase in solar capacity in the Commonwealth, growing from 3 MW in 2007 to 518 MW this month.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement