SunEdison Acquires 50 MW of Solar Assets
The agreement includes 12 projects jointly developed by BlueWave and SunEdison across Massachusetts, many of which are expected to be operational by June 30 and have qualified under the Massachusetts Solar Energy Renewable Energy Certification (SREC) I or SREC II incentive programs.
SunEdison and its financing partners will be the owner-operator of the projects and will sell the net metering credits generated by the systems to the city of New Bedford; the towns of Bourne, Palmer, Webster and Winthrop; Cape Cod Community College and Middlesex Community College; the Massachusetts Maritime Academy; and a number of housing authorities including those serving Fall River, Plymouth, Fairhaven and Barnstable.
The electricity cost savings associated with the projects are estimated at nearly $85 million over the next 20 years.
Once operational, the solar systems will be managed by the SunEdison Renewable Operation Center.
According to a SunEdison press release, the solar industry has supported a 148-fold increase in solar capacity in the Commonwealth, growing from 3 MW in 2007 to 518 MW this month.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management