Sungevity Debuts Instant Solar Quoting Technology
Sungevity has introduced the Instant Solar Quote (Instant iQuote) platform, which can generate residential solar installation quotes based solely on street address. The platform is being piloted at select Lowe’s stores in California.
Instant iQuote generates an immediate proposal and can also be used to quickly assess the solar potential of entire cities, counties and countries for retailers, utilities and other partners.
The new quoting platform combines LIDAR (remote sensing technology), aerial imagery and real estate parcel data to produce a 3D model of the property at a given address. Hundreds of design variations can be generated for that address, based on factors such as roof pitch and shading. Instant iQuote provides the customer with the most optimal solar configurations, installation cost and estimated savings. Results can be modified on the spot based on design preferences, actual energy usage and other variables.
The Instant iQuote technology currently covers more than 1.5 million homes in California.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future