SunPower Unveils Helix Solar Platform
SunPower has launched the Helix platform, a fully-integrated commercial solar platform that combines solar power product and energy management, the company says.
The company says that the unit’s solar panels produce 60 percent more energy compared to conventional panels when measured over a 25 year period. In addition, the company says the mounting hardware maximizes roof coverage. The unit features a plug-and-play power station that eliminates the need to strip wires. That, the company says, reduces labor costs and increases reliability.
Another feature of Helix is the SunPower EnergyLink, which is energy intelligence software that quantifies real time demand charge savings and identifies demand peaks and savings opportunities. The company said that Bed Bath & Beyond will install Helix at eight stores early next year.
Advances being claimed by SolarCity and SunPower are featured in a feature at The Motley Fool. The story describes Helix and SolarCity’s ZS Peak, which could cut installation time in half and increase roof panel density by 20 percent to 50 percent. The context of the story is that the residential solar sector has been the hottest area, but that there is potential on the commercial side.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy