Sunrun Acquires REC Solar’s Residential Division
Sunrun has acquired the residential division of REC Solar, along with AEE Solar and SnapNrack. The three companies represent Mainstream Energy’s residential solar sales, design and installation; wholesale distribution; and mounting systems and hardware businesses, respectively.
In the commercial market, REC Solar will continue as an independent organization under the legal name REC Solar Commercial. The value of the transaction was not disclosed.
As for its commercial business, REC Solar will focus solely on bringing commercial-scale solar projects to businesses, federal agencies and utilities nationwide. REC Solar’s recently-hired CEO Paul Detering, who previously served as CEO of Tioga Energy, said “The commercial and residential solar businesses are built upon fundamentally different models, with unique customer bases and disparate sources of capital.”
The commercial market is projected to grow upwards of 40 percent in 2014, according to REC Solar.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing