Sunrun Acquires REC Solar’s Residential Division
Sunrun has acquired the residential division of REC Solar, along with AEE Solar and SnapNrack. The three companies represent Mainstream Energy’s residential solar sales, design and installation; wholesale distribution; and mounting systems and hardware businesses, respectively.
In the commercial market, REC Solar will continue as an independent organization under the legal name REC Solar Commercial. The value of the transaction was not disclosed.
As for its commercial business, REC Solar will focus solely on bringing commercial-scale solar projects to businesses, federal agencies and utilities nationwide. REC Solar’s recently-hired CEO Paul Detering, who previously served as CEO of Tioga Energy, said “The commercial and residential solar businesses are built upon fundamentally different models, with unique customer bases and disparate sources of capital.”
The commercial market is projected to grow upwards of 40 percent in 2014, according to REC Solar.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room