SunTrac, KMC Form Joint Venture for Solar HVAC
SunTrac Solar and KMC Controls announced a joint venture in which KMC will be the exclusive manufacturer of private-label equipment controls for SunTrac.
SunTrac’s solar-assisted air conditioning uses solar energy to allow air-conditioning systems to operate more efficiently. It combines an A/C system with a solar collector panel system that generates thermal energy, which is used to heat the A/C system’s refrigerant. Using thermal energy decreases the A/C compressor’s workload and reduces by up to 40 percent the electrical power consumed by a high-efficiency two-stage or variable-speed compressor.
KMC will make customized controllers to optimize the energy efficiency of the entire HVAC unit in conjunction with the SunTrac solar collector system and the likely inclusion of a variable-capacity compressor from Danfoss. Danfoss will be the second compressor manufacturer that has validated KMC’s direct variable-capacity compressor control and safety protection algorithms with their equipment.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement