SunTrac, KMC Form Joint Venture for Solar HVAC
SunTrac Solar and KMC Controls announced a joint venture in which KMC will be the exclusive manufacturer of private-label equipment controls for SunTrac.
SunTrac’s solar-assisted air conditioning uses solar energy to allow air-conditioning systems to operate more efficiently. It combines an A/C system with a solar collector panel system that generates thermal energy, which is used to heat the A/C system’s refrigerant. Using thermal energy decreases the A/C compressor’s workload and reduces by up to 40 percent the electrical power consumed by a high-efficiency two-stage or variable-speed compressor.
KMC will make customized controllers to optimize the energy efficiency of the entire HVAC unit in conjunction with the SunTrac solar collector system and the likely inclusion of a variable-capacity compressor from Danfoss. Danfoss will be the second compressor manufacturer that has validated KMC’s direct variable-capacity compressor control and safety protection algorithms with their equipment.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards