Supermarket Retailer Works with Bluestone Energy
In 2014, supermarket company Ahold USA in partnership with Bluestone Energy completed over 200 energy efficiency projects that saved 65 million kWh. The projects were completed at Stop & Shop, Giant-Landover and GIANT/MARTIN’S stores located in seven US states from the Mid-Atlantic to the Northeast.
The energy efficiency projects included upgrading all of the interior lighting at the store level to new LED lighting with advanced wireless controls. The lighting installations reduced the lighting consumption in the stores by over 70 percent.
In 2015, Ahold USA and Bluestone plan to increase their energy conservation work by expanding the reach of projects to touch stores in all regions and to increase the energy savings in new projects while also continuing to improve the efficiency of existing projects.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future