Survey Connects Buildings with Internet of Things
Daintree Networks conducted an ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) survey of 242 building owners, managers and other industry professionals.
One of the key findings of the survey was that smart buildings are the core application for the IoT in an enterprise.
Last year a similar Daintree survey reported that 41 percent of respondents were not familiar with the term IoT. The 2015 survey shows a drop to 17 percent and a growing awareness for the term. Also of note is that 84 percent felt it was important to improve operational efficiencies through the integration of the Enterprise Internet of Things.
When asked to what extent they agreed with the following statement – Smart buildings are the core application of the Internet of Things in the enterprise – 65 percent of respondents agreed or strongly agreed.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash