Sustenir to Use Illumitex LEDs in Singapore Vertical Farming
Illumitex said last week that its LEDs will be used by Sustenir Agriculture, the largest vertical farm in Singapore.
Vertical farms are an option or complement to produce growers in countries with limited space. Singapore is one such area. It imports more than 90 percent of its food and, for that reason, there is interest in vertical farming. This fall, Illumitex will install 2,100 Eclipse grow lights – some of which will be new, some retrofit onto existing LEDs from other vendors – and a sophisticated control system. The active area is 12,000 square feet. The first crop will be ready for harvest by next month, the release says.
The two companies plan to work together as the business expands to China and throughout southeast Asia.
Alternative farmers often use LEDs. The Rapid City Journal profiles Glenn Behrman, the founder of GreenTech Argo. Behrman created the Growtainer, a method of using LEDs to grow crops in shipping containers.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future