Swiss Data Center Deploys DCIM
ABB announced that Switzerland-based telecommunications company Green has deployed ABB’s Decathlon Version 2 data center infrastructure management (DCIM) system at Green’s 10,000-sq-meter data center in Lupfig, Switzerland.
Green’s DC data center, which opened in 2012, is one of four in Switzerland where the company is leveraging the Decathlon DCIM to provide advanced power and environmental controls and monitoring.
As the company adds renewable power sources, such as solar on- and off-site, Decathlon will optimize the two-way power flow to and from the grid. The DCIM system will also enable all four data center sites to be monitored and controlled from any one of several locations.
DCIM is allowing data centers to sell excess energy back to the grid, making energy not just a negative line item on an organization’s balance sheet, but potentially a profit generator as well.
In addition to the Decathlon open-platform suite, Green also installed ABB’s extended operator workstation, which serves as an operations command center to encourage an efficient workflow and dynamic view into data center operations. ABB launched Decathlon Version 2 in early November 2012.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity