Swiss Data Center Deploys DCIM
ABB announced that Switzerland-based telecommunications company Green has deployed ABB’s Decathlon Version 2 data center infrastructure management (DCIM) system at Green’s 10,000-sq-meter data center in Lupfig, Switzerland.
Green’s DC data center, which opened in 2012, is one of four in Switzerland where the company is leveraging the Decathlon DCIM to provide advanced power and environmental controls and monitoring.
As the company adds renewable power sources, such as solar on- and off-site, Decathlon will optimize the two-way power flow to and from the grid. The DCIM system will also enable all four data center sites to be monitored and controlled from any one of several locations.
DCIM is allowing data centers to sell excess energy back to the grid, making energy not just a negative line item on an organization’s balance sheet, but potentially a profit generator as well.
In addition to the Decathlon open-platform suite, Green also installed ABB’s extended operator workstation, which serves as an operations command center to encourage an efficient workflow and dynamic view into data center operations. ABB launched Decathlon Version 2 in early November 2012.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management