Swiss Data Center Deploys DCIM
ABB announced that Switzerland-based telecommunications company Green has deployed ABB’s Decathlon Version 2 data center infrastructure management (DCIM) system at Green’s 10,000-sq-meter data center in Lupfig, Switzerland.
Green’s DC data center, which opened in 2012, is one of four in Switzerland where the company is leveraging the Decathlon DCIM to provide advanced power and environmental controls and monitoring.
As the company adds renewable power sources, such as solar on- and off-site, Decathlon will optimize the two-way power flow to and from the grid. The DCIM system will also enable all four data center sites to be monitored and controlled from any one of several locations.
DCIM is allowing data centers to sell excess energy back to the grid, making energy not just a negative line item on an organization’s balance sheet, but potentially a profit generator as well.
In addition to the Decathlon open-platform suite, Green also installed ABB’s extended operator workstation, which serves as an operations command center to encourage an efficient workflow and dynamic view into data center operations. ABB launched Decathlon Version 2 in early November 2012.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- LED Myths and Facts
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing