Switchgear is Enclosed in Pre-Assembled Modules
Schneider Electric launched its 38kV gas-insulated switchgear – GHA and CBGS-0 – to address the growing need for medium voltage gas-insulated switchgear for the US market.
To help facilities and plants that are constrained by limited space, Schneider Electric’s metal-enclosed, gas-insulated switchgear is built into compact, pre-assembled switchgear modules, helping to reduce equipment footprint up to 75 percent.
The technology incorporates arc resistant designs tested per both the IEEE and IEC standards to help mitigate faults and provide worker safety. The design utilizes sealed-for-life switchgear technology, eliminating gas handling on-site during installation, expansion or routine maintenance. The SF6 tank in each bay is filled and sealed before final assembly and testing in the factory.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future