Sysco Renews Contract With Cascade Energy
The food distributor Sysco will renew its contract with Cascade Energy, building on a partnership established nine years ago to reduce energy use at Sysco facilities.
In 2005 under Sysco’s direction, Cascade Energy developed a multifaceted, company-wide energy management program aimed at reducing energy use at 110 Sysco food distribution warehouses. By the end of 2014, Sysco had reduced its distribution center energy intensity by 41 percent. In addition to energy management services, Cascade also provides Sysco with Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) support for data reporting.
To achieve additional savings, Cascade’s energy management software system Sensei will be implemented to track facility and companywide energy performance. The new, multi-year scope of work ranges from developing predictive energy models and delivering tune-ups to continued support for Sysco’s annual CDP reporting of energy, water and other carbon constituents.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles