Team Pre-qualified for Military Solar Installations
The US Army Corps of Engineers has pre-qualified a four-company team led by TransGen Energy of Rockville, Md., to bid for solar projects at US military installations throughout the United States and its territories.
The TransGen Energy team was one of 38 entities recently authorized to pursue solar power generation Task Orders under a Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC).
TransGen Energy provides petroleum, natural gas, and other energy-related products and services, and it is serving as prime contractor for the TransGen Solar Team. The team will deliver solar projects under power purchase agreements with the US Department of Defense.
Energy services company ConEdison Solutions of Valhalla, NY, will oversee and operate each installed solar facility.
The third partner, Quanta Solar Solutions Distributed Generation of Denver, is an installer of distributed generation solar PV projects across the country. Quanta Solar will install the awarded solar sites.
PS&S Global, a Warren, NJ-based company that develops and manages projects involving alternative and renewable energy, will engineer and develop the projects. Installing renewable energy on military sites has been a prominent feature of US policy for at least a decade, and installations continue to get larger.
The Army Corps had first conducted a MATOC selection process in 2012 for various renewable projects with a heavy focus on solar power generation. Once developed, these assets will provide power under Power Purchase Agreements with the Department of Defense for up to 30 years.
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement