Tech Tools Help Small Businesses Lower Energy Costs
An article in the Charlotte Post provides an overview of some of the tools available to small business owners to lower their overall energy consumption (some are specific to the region):
- Southern Energy Management provides solar power and energy efficiency solutions to help businesses reduce their energy costs.
- Duke Energy offers small businesses a number of resources such as its Online Business Energy Analysis, Energy Resources for Your Business and Smart Saver Incentive Program.
- Energy Tracking provides smart energy metering and power measurement technology to measure and analyze energy usage data and help reduce energy consumption. Its web-based Enterprise Energy Tracking Analytics allows users immediate access to energy usage information. The software can generate reports, export data and apply energy use to tariffs, as well as a host of other features.
Mobile applications allow small business owners to monitor energy data at any time while they are on the go.
- The SiteSage mobile app, created by Powerhouse Dynamics, provides users with a comprehensive, real-time view of equipment performance in their facilities from any location so they can make quick decisions regarding energy use and equipment maintenance.
- SurgeX’s Axess Manager uses a single interface to monitor and control the power conditions across multiple business locations and networks through its associated mobile app.
- Energy Consumption Analyzer collects data from the user’s gas, electricity and water meters at various business locations and totals the amount of energy used each day, week and month. Data can be displayed as a bar graph or table, and can show the associated costs by average price per unit.
Energy tools, particularly those with mobile applications, are excellent for busy small business owners looking to lower their energy bills.
Image via Shutterstock.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Combined Heat and Power
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future