Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
Technavio released a report this week that finds that the global data center cooling market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of almost 12 percent between this year and 2020. The market is expected to reach $1.6 billion during the term of the report, according to the company.
The report says that the cooling solutions now are key elements of data centers. Liquid-based approaches use water for cooling. Liquid-immersion cooling solutions, the report says, have “proven to be efficient in terms of growing rack power density and energy consumption as compared to air-based cooling,” according to the lead analyst on the report.
Datacenters are continuing to proliferate. Last month, Facebook said it is building a facility in Los Lunas, New Mexico, according to the Albuquerque Journal. There could be as many as six phases to the project, which is characterizes as being “massive.” The first phase, which could begin next month, will cost $250 million and create 30 to 50 jobs.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution