Technical Community College Installs 800 kW Solar
Delaware Technical Community College hosts Delaware’s largest combined use of carport, rooftop and ground mount arrays in a solar installation. Standard Solar installed the 800 kW, 2,645-panel solar system, which includes solar installations at all four of the community college’s locations.
Financing for the expected annual 1,075 MWh project was arranged through a long-term power purchase agreement by Urban Grid Holdings. The project’s solar modules are provided by Motech Americas of Newark, Del.
Each installation will provide power to its own site with the exception of the Wilmington carport, which uses aggregate net metering to power two other sites. The arrays are expected to offset about six percent of the annual total energy needs of the four sites.
Delaware Technical Community College offers associate degrees in renewable energy, energy management and building automation systems.
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape