Technical Community College Installs 800 kW Solar
Delaware Technical Community College hosts Delaware’s largest combined use of carport, rooftop and ground mount arrays in a solar installation. Standard Solar installed the 800 kW, 2,645-panel solar system, which includes solar installations at all four of the community college’s locations.
Financing for the expected annual 1,075 MWh project was arranged through a long-term power purchase agreement by Urban Grid Holdings. The project’s solar modules are provided by Motech Americas of Newark, Del.
Each installation will provide power to its own site with the exception of the Wilmington carport, which uses aggregate net metering to power two other sites. The arrays are expected to offset about six percent of the annual total energy needs of the four sites.
Delaware Technical Community College offers associate degrees in renewable energy, energy management and building automation systems.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Combined Heat and Power
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity