Technical Community College Installs 800 kW Solar
Delaware Technical Community College hosts Delaware’s largest combined use of carport, rooftop and ground mount arrays in a solar installation. Standard Solar installed the 800 kW, 2,645-panel solar system, which includes solar installations at all four of the community college’s locations.
Financing for the expected annual 1,075 MWh project was arranged through a long-term power purchase agreement by Urban Grid Holdings. The project’s solar modules are provided by Motech Americas of Newark, Del.
Each installation will provide power to its own site with the exception of the Wilmington carport, which uses aggregate net metering to power two other sites. The arrays are expected to offset about six percent of the annual total energy needs of the four sites.
Delaware Technical Community College offers associate degrees in renewable energy, energy management and building automation systems.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape