Tecogen CHP Units Installed in Bronx Apartment Building
Tecogen sold two InVerde Ultra, INV-100, combined heat and power (CHP) units for installation in the Findlay Teller apartment complex in the Bronx, New York. The units will provide a significant portion of the facility’s electricity and heating needs and serve as a backup power source in the event of a Consolidated Edison blackout.
The building, constructed in the early part of the twentieth century as a hospital, was renovated in 2014 and offers 32 one-bedroom and 131 efficiency apartments.
The Tecogen CHP units will supply energy to the facility throughout the year, resulting in projected annual savings of $150,000 compared to its current utility costs. The units will be equipped with Tecogen’s patented Ultra systems.
In completing the renovations, the Findlay Teller Housing Development Fund adhered to the requirements of the Enterprise Green Communities (EGC) Criteria, resulting in a property that is energy efficient.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash