Tecogen Supplies CHP Systems via Energy Service Company
Tecogen sold combined heat and power (CHP) systems to a group of public schools in northern New Jersey and Long Island, NY. The sales involved three contracts with a combined value at $1.97 million and were made separately to two regional offices of an un-named energy services company.
The projects involved three high schools, one middle school, and one elementary school. Under the terms of the contracts, Tecogen will supply the CHP modules as well as engineering and installation services. All units are expected to be commissioned by the end of 2014.
According to Tecogen, public school systems often subcontract their energy programs to large energy service companies that can address all of the schools in a particular district with a variety of technological measures, such as lighting, smart controls and CHP. By providing the energy service company with a readymade CHP system, Tecogen is able to access the large school district market without direct public contracting.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex