Telecommunications Company Sees 225% ROI on Utility Data Management
Broadband provider Alaska Communications has realized a 225 percent return on investment from energy and data management services from Ecova.
Since August 2013, Ecova has provided Alaska Communications with utility expense and data management services with a focus on cost and energy savings. The data-driven approach has helped the company better understand its energy consumption and spending across all of its 394 locations.
An Ecova spokesperson said the ROI was calculated by adding both the indirect (labor savings) and direct savings (billing errors and water leaks found by Ecova’s bill audit feature) realized by Ecova’s software over a seven-month timeframe, and dividing the total savings by Ecova’s fee. The seven-month timeframe was from the end of August 2013 through March 2014.
At this point, the majority of the savings have been operational given the short time frame. However, Alaska Communications is able use the insights provided by Ecova to create a long-term energy management strategy that will result in continuous energy savings, says Ecova.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Planning for a Sustainable Future