Telkonet Debuts Cloud-Based Energy Management Command Center
Telkonet’s EcoCentral Virtual Engineer is a cloud-based energy management command center designed to integrate with the company’s EcoSmart suite of wireless networked energy management products.
EcoCentral Virtual Engineer (VE) communicates with EcoSmart wireless thermostats, occupancy sensors, door and window contacts, outlets and light switches, forming a secure wireless mesh network that communicates information between rooms, floors, and buildings, enabling facility staff to:
- Control buildings, zones, rooms, or individual devices from the cloud in real time with no need for on-site PCs running facility management software. Virtual Engineer on-screen thermostats, light switches and outlets simplify control and allow room-by-room HVAC settings to be made from any web browser.
- View energy savings by floor and by side of building; identify room-by-room variance from average cooling and heating runtimes to determine which rooms do not function as well as others.
- VE creates profiles that dictates how thermostats, outlets, and lights will respond to a demand response request. Scheduled “events” will switch devices to Demand-Response profiles at the appropriate time.
- Energy managers can specify the number of units to run concurrently, and VE will keep loads at a constant level, or managers can specify the necessary kWh reduction and let EcoCentral determine how to best set back thermostats.
- VE monitors performance of each room’s HVAC equipment, identifying which component may malfunction and allowing engineering staff to respond proactively and ensure continuity of comfort. It also enables facility managers to monitor HVAC equipment in real time and replace batteries and filters for optimal performance.
- VE tracks room-by-room energy savings and stores data about a building’s HVAC, lighting, plug load devices and energy usage patterns to calculate actual energy savings. This information can be used to secure rebates from a local utility, or prove a facility has achieved sustainability standards.
EcoSmart integrates with numerous third party technology providers to control everything from temperature and lighting to drapes and media centers.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software