Telkonet Debuts Cloud-Based Energy Management Command Center
Telkonet’s EcoCentral Virtual Engineer is a cloud-based energy management command center designed to integrate with the company’s EcoSmart suite of wireless networked energy management products.
EcoCentral Virtual Engineer (VE) communicates with EcoSmart wireless thermostats, occupancy sensors, door and window contacts, outlets and light switches, forming a secure wireless mesh network that communicates information between rooms, floors, and buildings, enabling facility staff to:
- Control buildings, zones, rooms, or individual devices from the cloud in real time with no need for on-site PCs running facility management software. Virtual Engineer on-screen thermostats, light switches and outlets simplify control and allow room-by-room HVAC settings to be made from any web browser.
- View energy savings by floor and by side of building; identify room-by-room variance from average cooling and heating runtimes to determine which rooms do not function as well as others.
- VE creates profiles that dictates how thermostats, outlets, and lights will respond to a demand response request. Scheduled “events” will switch devices to Demand-Response profiles at the appropriate time.
- Energy managers can specify the number of units to run concurrently, and VE will keep loads at a constant level, or managers can specify the necessary kWh reduction and let EcoCentral determine how to best set back thermostats.
- VE monitors performance of each room’s HVAC equipment, identifying which component may malfunction and allowing engineering staff to respond proactively and ensure continuity of comfort. It also enables facility managers to monitor HVAC equipment in real time and replace batteries and filters for optimal performance.
- VE tracks room-by-room energy savings and stores data about a building’s HVAC, lighting, plug load devices and energy usage patterns to calculate actual energy savings. This information can be used to secure rebates from a local utility, or prove a facility has achieved sustainability standards.
EcoSmart integrates with numerous third party technology providers to control everything from temperature and lighting to drapes and media centers.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems