Telkonet EcoSmart Platform Integrates with Somfy Systems Technology
Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management platform can integrate wirelessly with Somfy Systems’ product line of motors for automatically operating hotels’ in-room draperies, blinds and shades, according to the companies.
Somfy Systems’ motor technology combined with Telkonet’s EcoInsight intelligent thermostats and EcoView sensors allows hotel owners to use room occupancy information and light-level data from the in-room sensors to close curtains in sunny, unoccupied rooms, thereby reducing the solar load and the need for unnecessary cooling functions.
In addition, managing shade position can extend the useful life of in-room fabrics and furniture, which fade as a result of exposure to the ultra-violet rays of the sun.
Heating, cooling and internal lighting represent the three largest expenses for many hotels, Somfy says. Its bioclimatic facades control sunlight to minimize the costs associated with HVAC runtime and artificial lighting, while the EcoSmart technology intelligently supervises unoccupied rooms, further increasing energy efficiency and cost savings.
Both the Somfy technology and Telkonet’s EcoSmart solution communicate across a ZigBee mesh network to provide real-time motor position status updates and precise control over curtain functions. ZigBee is a wireless technology developed as an open global standard to address the needs of low-cost, low-power wireless networks.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws