Telkonet EcoSmart Platform Integrates with Somfy Systems Technology
Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management platform can integrate wirelessly with Somfy Systems’ product line of motors for automatically operating hotels’ in-room draperies, blinds and shades, according to the companies.
Somfy Systems’ motor technology combined with Telkonet’s EcoInsight intelligent thermostats and EcoView sensors allows hotel owners to use room occupancy information and light-level data from the in-room sensors to close curtains in sunny, unoccupied rooms, thereby reducing the solar load and the need for unnecessary cooling functions.
In addition, managing shade position can extend the useful life of in-room fabrics and furniture, which fade as a result of exposure to the ultra-violet rays of the sun.
Heating, cooling and internal lighting represent the three largest expenses for many hotels, Somfy says. Its bioclimatic facades control sunlight to minimize the costs associated with HVAC runtime and artificial lighting, while the EcoSmart technology intelligently supervises unoccupied rooms, further increasing energy efficiency and cost savings.
Both the Somfy technology and Telkonet’s EcoSmart solution communicate across a ZigBee mesh network to provide real-time motor position status updates and precise control over curtain functions. ZigBee is a wireless technology developed as an open global standard to address the needs of low-cost, low-power wireless networks.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management