Telkonet, Evolutix Win Contract with Miami Marriott
The JW Marriott Miami hotel selected Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management system to be installed in 307 guest rooms to reduce energy consumption.
According to a recent EnergyStar report, on average, America’s 47,000 hotels spend $2,196 per available room each year on energy; this represents about 6 percent of all operating costs, says Telkonet, adding that its EcoSmart energy management system reduces energy consumption and run-time by 20-45 percent.
Telkonet’s new partner Evolutix helped secure the Miami contract. Installation of the units will begin August 3, 2014.
The entire EcoSmart platform will connect to the hotel’s existing property management system.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement