Telkonet, Evolutix Win Contract with Miami Marriott
The JW Marriott Miami hotel selected Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management system to be installed in 307 guest rooms to reduce energy consumption.
According to a recent EnergyStar report, on average, America’s 47,000 hotels spend $2,196 per available room each year on energy; this represents about 6 percent of all operating costs, says Telkonet, adding that its EcoSmart energy management system reduces energy consumption and run-time by 20-45 percent.
Telkonet’s new partner Evolutix helped secure the Miami contract. Installation of the units will begin August 3, 2014.
The entire EcoSmart platform will connect to the hotel’s existing property management system.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management