Telkonet Wins $529,000 Energy Management Contract
The Metropolitan Hotel at The 9 in Cleveland, Ohio, selected Telkonet’s EcoSmart system to manage energy use and Telkonet’s EthoStream high speed Internet access to provide wireless communication infrastructure for a project that incorporates existing office spaces, a landmark structure and new construction. The mixed-use facility requires a very flexible communication network as well as an environmental control system that can maintain occupant comfort while maximizing energy savings.
The project will be the largest installation of the combined technologies for Telkonet to date at more than a $529,000 value. EthoStream will provide a converged network to support public WiFi, administrative networks and the underlying architecture for the energy management system. The network infrastructure was designed to meet Marriott’s Global Property Network Standards (GPNS).
Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management system features the EcoInsight networked intelligent thermostat and is projected to provide 32 percent savings on the properties’ energy usage. The two systems were designed with interoperability in mind as the EcoSmart Suite of equipment operates using Zigbee wireless mesh on radio channels outside of the typical WiFi frequencies, says Telkonet.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management