Telkonet Wins $529,000 Energy Management Contract
The Metropolitan Hotel at The 9 in Cleveland, Ohio, selected Telkonet’s EcoSmart system to manage energy use and Telkonet’s EthoStream high speed Internet access to provide wireless communication infrastructure for a project that incorporates existing office spaces, a landmark structure and new construction. The mixed-use facility requires a very flexible communication network as well as an environmental control system that can maintain occupant comfort while maximizing energy savings.
The project will be the largest installation of the combined technologies for Telkonet to date at more than a $529,000 value. EthoStream will provide a converged network to support public WiFi, administrative networks and the underlying architecture for the energy management system. The network infrastructure was designed to meet Marriott’s Global Property Network Standards (GPNS).
Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management system features the EcoInsight networked intelligent thermostat and is projected to provide 32 percent savings on the properties’ energy usage. The two systems were designed with interoperability in mind as the EcoSmart Suite of equipment operates using Zigbee wireless mesh on radio channels outside of the typical WiFi frequencies, says Telkonet.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Let's Do The Math for DR