Telkonet Wins $529,000 Energy Management Contract
The Metropolitan Hotel at The 9 in Cleveland, Ohio, selected Telkonet’s EcoSmart system to manage energy use and Telkonet’s EthoStream high speed Internet access to provide wireless communication infrastructure for a project that incorporates existing office spaces, a landmark structure and new construction. The mixed-use facility requires a very flexible communication network as well as an environmental control system that can maintain occupant comfort while maximizing energy savings.
The project will be the largest installation of the combined technologies for Telkonet to date at more than a $529,000 value. EthoStream will provide a converged network to support public WiFi, administrative networks and the underlying architecture for the energy management system. The network infrastructure was designed to meet Marriott’s Global Property Network Standards (GPNS).
Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management system features the EcoInsight networked intelligent thermostat and is projected to provide 32 percent savings on the properties’ energy usage. The two systems were designed with interoperability in mind as the EcoSmart Suite of equipment operates using Zigbee wireless mesh on radio channels outside of the typical WiFi frequencies, says Telkonet.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles