Telkonet Wins $529,000 Energy Management Contract
The Metropolitan Hotel at The 9 in Cleveland, Ohio, selected Telkonet’s EcoSmart system to manage energy use and Telkonet’s EthoStream high speed Internet access to provide wireless communication infrastructure for a project that incorporates existing office spaces, a landmark structure and new construction. The mixed-use facility requires a very flexible communication network as well as an environmental control system that can maintain occupant comfort while maximizing energy savings.
The project will be the largest installation of the combined technologies for Telkonet to date at more than a $529,000 value. EthoStream will provide a converged network to support public WiFi, administrative networks and the underlying architecture for the energy management system. The network infrastructure was designed to meet Marriott’s Global Property Network Standards (GPNS).
Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management system features the EcoInsight networked intelligent thermostat and is projected to provide 32 percent savings on the properties’ energy usage. The two systems were designed with interoperability in mind as the EcoSmart Suite of equipment operates using Zigbee wireless mesh on radio channels outside of the typical WiFi frequencies, says Telkonet.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management