Test System for OpenADR Virtual End Nodes
QualityLogic has created a cloud-based test system for OpenADR Virtual End Nodes (VENs) or clients. The system will provide users with access to a certified Virtual Top Node (VTN).
The system uses an OpenADR Alliance certified open source VTN released by the Electric Power Research Institute to serve as a reference for testing VENs, as a platform for running small scale pilots, or as a learning tool to increase understanding of the OpenADR technology.
The OpenADR standard facilitates sending and receiving demand response signals from a utility or independent system operator to electric customers. OpenADR signals are transmitted by VTN servers to end devices or other intermediate servers. A VEN is typically a client, such as an energy management system, a thermostat or other end device that accepts the OpenADR signal from a VTN.
Those deploying OpenADR-certified products have been seeking an easy and fast method of configuring and executing interoperability tests between VEN products and a reference VTN implementation, says QualityLogic.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Planning for a Sustainable Future