Texas Football Stadium Gets 221 kW Solar
NRG Energy received permission to install solar panels, electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and energy-efficient LED lighting at NRG Stadium in Texas, making it the first professional football stadium in the country to be equipped with LED lighting on the field.
The stadium will be lit by 456 new high-efficiency LED field lights. NRG Park will be powered by 4 NRG Haven Solar Canopies: two solar canopies on top of the bridges that span Kirby Drive, one at the ticket booths on the south side of the stadium and one in the new NRG eVgo electric vehicle charging lot. The total system size for the 700-panel solar installation is 221 kW.
NRG will also install six electric vehicle charging stations at NRG Park, as a part of the NRG eVgo network.
All sustainable elements are set to be installed by the end of 2015.
Four NRG PivitPoint kiosk stations, providing portable power packs for charging mobile devices, were installed in NRG Center in early 2014.
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds