Texas Football Stadium Gets 221 kW Solar
NRG Energy received permission to install solar panels, electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and energy-efficient LED lighting at NRG Stadium in Texas, making it the first professional football stadium in the country to be equipped with LED lighting on the field.
The stadium will be lit by 456 new high-efficiency LED field lights. NRG Park will be powered by 4 NRG Haven Solar Canopies: two solar canopies on top of the bridges that span Kirby Drive, one at the ticket booths on the south side of the stadium and one in the new NRG eVgo electric vehicle charging lot. The total system size for the 700-panel solar installation is 221 kW.
NRG will also install six electric vehicle charging stations at NRG Park, as a part of the NRG eVgo network.
All sustainable elements are set to be installed by the end of 2015.
Four NRG PivitPoint kiosk stations, providing portable power packs for charging mobile devices, were installed in NRG Center in early 2014.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Combined Heat and Power
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity