Texas Football Stadium Gets 221 kW Solar
NRG Energy received permission to install solar panels, electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and energy-efficient LED lighting at NRG Stadium in Texas, making it the first professional football stadium in the country to be equipped with LED lighting on the field.
The stadium will be lit by 456 new high-efficiency LED field lights. NRG Park will be powered by 4 NRG Haven Solar Canopies: two solar canopies on top of the bridges that span Kirby Drive, one at the ticket booths on the south side of the stadium and one in the new NRG eVgo electric vehicle charging lot. The total system size for the 700-panel solar installation is 221 kW.
NRG will also install six electric vehicle charging stations at NRG Park, as a part of the NRG eVgo network.
All sustainable elements are set to be installed by the end of 2015.
Four NRG PivitPoint kiosk stations, providing portable power packs for charging mobile devices, were installed in NRG Center in early 2014.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management