Texas Public Power Pool Selects Constellation
The non-profit Texas aggregator Public Power Pool has chosen Constellation to supply its members with 2.7 million MWh of electricity, following a competitive bidding process. P3 purchases power for approximately 69 local governments and public entities in Texas.
According to P3, the three-year agreement with Constellation, beginning in 2014, provides a commodity supply rate to its members that is 31 percent lower than the commodity component of their electricity costs under their current contract.
In other news, Constellation announced the winners of its 2012 E2 Energy to Educate grant program, which will provide $337,000 in funding for innovative student and community research projects ranging from solar design to energy efficiency to electric vehicle and wind turbine competitions.
The winning submissions include high schools, colleges and community groups and will reach 14,000 students nationwide.
In Michigan, more than 200 students will research a hybrid wind and solar generator and solar water heater under a proposal developed by the Allegan County Community Foundation. In Boston, a youth green jobs training program will engage students in 20 urban high schools. Another winning grant, the WoWE/KidWind Student Design Challenge 2013, will involve more than 5,000 students in Maryland and Pennsylvania in wind and turbine design education.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing