Texas Public Power Pool Selects Constellation
The non-profit Texas aggregator Public Power Pool has chosen Constellation to supply its members with 2.7 million MWh of electricity, following a competitive bidding process. P3 purchases power for approximately 69 local governments and public entities in Texas.
According to P3, the three-year agreement with Constellation, beginning in 2014, provides a commodity supply rate to its members that is 31 percent lower than the commodity component of their electricity costs under their current contract.
In other news, Constellation announced the winners of its 2012 E2 Energy to Educate grant program, which will provide $337,000 in funding for innovative student and community research projects ranging from solar design to energy efficiency to electric vehicle and wind turbine competitions.
The winning submissions include high schools, colleges and community groups and will reach 14,000 students nationwide.
In Michigan, more than 200 students will research a hybrid wind and solar generator and solar water heater under a proposal developed by the Allegan County Community Foundation. In Boston, a youth green jobs training program will engage students in 20 urban high schools. Another winning grant, the WoWE/KidWind Student Design Challenge 2013, will involve more than 5,000 students in Maryland and Pennsylvania in wind and turbine design education.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement