Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
Competitive retail provider TXU Energy announced on September 29 the offer of a limited-time instant rebate for residential consumers who purchase SunPower rooftop solar systems through the company.
The TXU Energy instant rebate provides between $2,000 and $5,000 off the purchase price of a new TXU Solar from SunPower rooftop system. Customers purchasing a solar power system may also be eligible for federal tax credits. The price of a SunPower system varies based on system size and other factors, the company said.
TXU Energy and just a few other Texas retail electricity providers pay customers for their excess solar electricity. Under the new TXU Energy Renewable Buyback plan, TXU Energy will buy this excess electricity from residential consumers who have purchased solar systems through TXU Solar from SunPower at the same per-kilowatt-hour (kWh)rate that the customer pays for the grid-based electricity they use when that is needed, the company promised. The retailer will deliver the credits to TXU Energy customers’ bills each month they generate excess electricity.
TXU Energy customers who have solar panels from other manufacturers, as well as customers with qualified residential wind generation systems, will continue to have access to a competitive offer for their excess electricity, the company said.
The new excess electricity purchase plan for customers of TXU Solar from SunPower comes as consumers get access to the first solar system rebate offer from a Texas retail electricity provider. The exclusive instant rebate offer is available for consumers who purchase a rooftop system before the end of the year.
Note: The instant rebate amount varies based on solar panel system wattage size and is applied as a per-watt discount at time of purchase for residential systems installed through TXU Solar from SunPower program. Additional terms and conditions apply.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Combined Heat and Power
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings