Texas School District Switches to LEDs for Gyms
Noribachi partnered with Seahurst Electric to deliver LED lighting upgrades for the Madisonville Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) in Madisonville, Texas.
The project goals, outlined by CMTA Consulting Engineers, were to achieve better lighting, enhance energy efficiency and reduce maintenance costs across the school district’s five gyms. The high school gym lighting also needed to be upgraded to meet IES recommendations and University Interscholastic League (UIL) requirements for lighting safety per the state of Texas.
Four of the gyms were one-for-one replacements of 400W metal halide fixtures with Noribachi’s 158W Highbay.M fixtures. The fifth was a newer competition gym where the number of fixtures was reduced and light levels were increased. The retrofit in the competition gym alone will provide 66 percent annual energy savings, from 55,727 kWh per year usage down to 18,837 kWh.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection