The NHL Gets an Assist on Arena LED Deployment
LEDs will be installed at the Cambria County War Memorial Arena in Johnstown, PA, in anticipation of the Kraft Hockeyville USA festivities, which will feature a September 29th preseason hockey game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The initiative is being mounted by the National Hockey League and Constellation, its official energy services partner, according to the league. Sylvania Lighting Solutions also will participate in the project.
The LEDs are expected to reduce energy consumption in the arena by greater than 25 percent and cut carbon dioxide creation by 336,836 annually. There is no upfront cost to the arena through Constellation’s Efficiency Made Easy program.
Sports stadiums and arenas are prodigious users of lighting equipment, which must be capable of letting the participants play is if they are in broad daylight. LEDs Magazine reports on one such deployment: Musco’s LEDs were installed at Emirates Stadium in London. The new lights were lit at the first evening game of the 2015/16 season in which Arsenal played Liverpool.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation