The Underfloor Heating Market to Grow
A Research and Markets report on underfloor heating projects that on a global basis the category will reach a value of $7.9 billion by 2020, which represents a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7 percent.
In underfloor heating (UHF) systems, heat is radiated from surface to surface, which turns those surfaces into secondary emitters. This means that lower areas are heated first and more heat subsequently is passed to higher levels. Less heat is used overall.
The growth is due to the need for energy efficient solutions in commercial and residential settings. Another driver is increased automation in the commercial, residential and industrial sectors of developing nations.
Underfloor heating also can be a bonus for retrofit projects. Nu-Heat, which is headquartered in the U.K., offers underfloor heating product customized for retrofits.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash