Tire Store Going Solar in Billings
The story says that the 50 KW system may be the largest installed in the city. Debra Bonogofsky, the store’s owner, said that the payback period would be six to seven years. The store is getting a grant from NorthWestern Energy and an extension of the solar tax credit to help fund the project.
Bonogofsky said that she had considered adding solar panels to another location, but that building codes made a retrofit too expensive. Using solar in a new build is far easier from the perspective of getting the necessary permissions, she told the site.
The New York Institute for Special Education in the New York City borough of The Bronx will be the site of the first K-Solar project. The school will receive free technical assistance from the New York Power Authority and is eligible for about $65,000 in incentives from the NY-Sun initiative.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals