Tire Store Going Solar in Billings
The story says that the 50 KW system may be the largest installed in the city. Debra Bonogofsky, the store’s owner, said that the payback period would be six to seven years. The store is getting a grant from NorthWestern Energy and an extension of the solar tax credit to help fund the project.
Bonogofsky said that she had considered adding solar panels to another location, but that building codes made a retrofit too expensive. Using solar in a new build is far easier from the perspective of getting the necessary permissions, she told the site.
The New York Institute for Special Education in the New York City borough of The Bronx will be the site of the first K-Solar project. The school will receive free technical assistance from the New York Power Authority and is eligible for about $65,000 in incentives from the NY-Sun initiative.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection