Title 24 Energy Code Will Have ‘Ripple Effect,’ Says Sefaira
On July 1, 2014, the 2013 California Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24) will take effect. Title 24 will require all new commercial buildings to be net-zero energy by 2030.
Sefaira, a software company specializing in cloud-based computing for high-performance building design, itemized some ways Title 24 will have a ripple effect on buildings nationwide. According to Sefaira’s corporate blog some expected results from Title 24 include:
1. Driving adoption of building energy codes. California’s Title 24 will raise the bar for what’s possible in energy performance for buildings, not just in California, but across the US.
2. Speeding the development of building monitoring and management technologies. Title 24 in California will speed the development of technologies around management of peak energy loads, plug load controls, advanced lighting controls and demand response technology.
3. Accelerating on-site energy storage. California utilities are already leading the way with energy storage, but with Title 24, there is likely to be an upsurge in interest from buildings that want to participate in the technology.
4. Creating competition around energy performance. Architects, engineers and builders in California will likely want to incorporate energy modeling on every commercial project.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- BuildingIQ Security
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement