Tool Helps States Choose Clean Power Plan Scenarios
In anticipation of the EPA publishing its final Clean Power Plan this summer, the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) has created a beta version of its State and Utility Pollution Reduction (SUPR) Calculator.
The proposed Clean Power Plan rule that came out last year allows states flexibility to pick from a host of pollution-reducing technologies and policies when designing their compliance plans. Energy efficiency is included in those options, along with renewable energy, nuclear power, natural gas generation, improvements to power plants, and many more.
The purpose of the SUPR calculator is to provide policymakers and stakeholders with a rough estimate of some of the costs and benefits of different policies and technologies that could help a state meet its air quality goals. Users can select from a list of 19 different policies and technologies, including energy efficiency policies, renewable energy options, nuclear power, emission control options, and natural gas, to build a compliance scenario in their state. SUPR shows users how much their scenario will cost and what they will get for that investment
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future