Tools Allows Microsoft Excel Users to Download EIA Data
The US Energy Information Administration has released a free data add-in tool for Microsoft Excel for Windows that allows users to find, download and update EIA’s energy data directly in any Excel spreadsheet.
With this add-in, users can save spreadsheets with their favorite data series and reopen them at any time and update the data with a single click. The tool mirrors the functionality of the existing economic-data-only add-in provided by the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank and builds on the Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) add-in. The new EIA add-in also allows users to find, download and update FRED’s economic data directly in any Excel spreadsheet.
The tool is initially being made available through EIA’s beta site in order to solicit feedback and incorporate suggested improvements into the final release.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future