Top 10 Smart Grid Vendors, According to GTM Research
A new report from GTM Research identifies the following companies that GTM analysts consider the best smart grid vendors across the smart grid value chain at present: ABB, Cisco, IBM, Itron, Siemens, S&C Electric, Schneider Electric, Opower, Silver Spring Networks and Tendril.
While there were over 40 finalists in contention for a Top 10 spot, GTM chose those companies with proven market success, multiple deployments and clear business cases. The Top 10 Vendors is part of GTM Research’s “The Networked Grid 150: The End-to-End Smart Grid Vendor Ecosystem Report and Rankings 2013,” a 279-page report that profiles and ranks the top 150 smart grid vendors across twelve key smart grid market segments.
As smart grid technology adoption grows, vendors are competing for a share of the billions that will be spent by utilities globally by 2030.
In addition to the Top 10 Vendors, The Networked Grid 150 announces GTM Research’s Top 10 Vendors to Watch. There is an ever-increasing set of vendors that operate in smart grid markets that are characterized by rapid innovation and sophistication of solution provision, and many of the vendors on the Top 10 to Watch list fit this bill, according to GTM. More established vendors that are well positioned to make a leading impression on the marketplace over the next twelve months are included in this list as well: Accenture, EcoFactor, EMC, GE, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, On-Ramp Wireless, Oracle, Space-Time Insight and Toshiba.
Of the 155 vendors profiled in the report, 60 percent are private companies and 40 percent are public companies, with 74 percent based in the US and 26 percent internationally-based.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future