Top 5 Ways to Save With AC
Direct Energy recommends five ways for residential customers to save on their air conditioning costs, and these tips can be applied to small businesses, as well.
1. Clean air filters monthly. Replacing a clogged or dirty filter can lower energy use by 5-15 percent.
2. Get a tune-up. An HVAC system needs regular maintenance. Tune-ups can catch larger, more expensive problems before they start and a professional technician can clean and inspect your cooling system to make sure it’s operating at peak performance.
3. Invest in a programmable thermostat, which could save 10 percent a year on cooling as well as heating.
4. Use ceiling fans to reduce AC needs, but be sure to turn off the fans when the space isn’t occupied.
5. Seal ducts. The Department of Energy says leaking ducts account for about 30 percent of an AC system’s energy use.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year