Top 6 in Building Energy Management Software
In the global market for building energy management software, six suppliers – Envizi, eSight, IBM, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Verisae – are market leaders, according to independent analyst firm Verdantix.
Verdantix’s report, Green Quadrant Building Energy Management Software 2014, compares 14 building energy management applications to help corporate buyers select energy management software. The analysis is based on live product demonstrations, an assessment of suppliers on 130 criteria and interviews with an independent panel of 15 customers representing firms with revenues of $348 billion.
“We have tracked the building energy management software market since 2008, and it has been a roller-coaster ride for many suppliers,” said Verdantix Industry Analyst, Alisdair McDougall, author of the report. “The likes of CA Technologies, C3 and Hara no longer compete in this space. Elster EnergyICT, EnerNOC and Gridpoint have more complete and feature rich solutions than they did previously. This keeps the pressure on the six market leaders. Innovative firms like BuildingIQ, DEXMA, Optima Energy Management and Panoramic Power also demonstrate a positive impact with customers.”
According to the study, 100 percent of customers buy solutions for better energy reporting, 93 percent for improved energy monitoring, 93 percent for project management, 80 percent for better utility bill management and 80 percent also for carbon reporting. Only 67 percent of customers prioritize functionality for building maintenance and 40 percent for demand response.
A separate Verdantix global survey of 250 heads of energy found that budgets for energy management software will increase in mid-single digits in 2014.
Photo: Buildings via Shutterstock
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds