Top Corporate Environmental Projects of the Year
This year, the Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards have been opened for corporations to submit projects they have implemented that helped improve sustainability metrics (or for consultants to submit projects they have implemented for corporate partners).
Here are a few ideas, examples of successful projects that have come across our desks in recent months. These are the types of projects that would be strong submissions to win a Top Project of the Year Award.
–A hotel chain saved several hundred thousands of dollars and nearly 7 million kilowatt-hours of electricity by installing Energy Star-certified TVs throughout its US properties.
–An automaker made 106 of its worldwide facilities landfill-free through efforts such swapping wood pallets for reusable, recycled-content plastic containers, and by improving waste collection and separation processes.
–An industrial company improved efficiency by installing a front- and back-office energy measurement and verification tool. The company developed an energy management project appraisal, created energy saving forecasts, and analyzed resulting energy savings.
–A defense and security company significantly reduced greenhouse gas emissions through a sustainability program that included facilities/engineering/manufacturing efficiency projects and a comprehensive green information technology strategy.
–A beer maker raised hundreds of thousands of dollars in its community to preserve local waterways, protecting the water they use to create their beverages and keeping the community’s water system sustainable.
–A city replaced standard HPS streetlights with high performance LED roadway lights, improving light quality, durability and longevity, and saving in energy costs.
–A national retailer increased recycling rates of its corrugated containers, recycling more than 190,000 tons of the material in 2012, helping the company reach its sustainability goals for the year.
–A professional sports team installed new LED fixtures to light its stadium’s playing surface, providing 3X as much light per watt than high intensity discharge lamps and saving $125,000 in electricity bills.
–A beverage maker improved water efficiency at its African operations by 32% since 2007, surpassing its target of 30% by 2015.
This is just a tiny sampling of the countless numbers of environmental and energy management projects being implemented by corporations around the world. All categories of projects that improved environmental or sustainability management are eligible to enter for the chance to win a Top Project of the Year Award.
Learn more here.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies