Top Corporate Environmental Projects of the Year
This year, the Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards have been opened for corporations to submit projects they have implemented that helped improve sustainability metrics (or for consultants to submit projects they have implemented for corporate partners).
Here are a few ideas, examples of successful projects that have come across our desks in recent months. These are the types of projects that would be strong submissions to win a Top Project of the Year Award.
–A hotel chain saved several hundred thousands of dollars and nearly 7 million kilowatt-hours of electricity by installing Energy Star-certified TVs throughout its US properties.
–An automaker made 106 of its worldwide facilities landfill-free through efforts such swapping wood pallets for reusable, recycled-content plastic containers, and by improving waste collection and separation processes.
–An industrial company improved efficiency by installing a front- and back-office energy measurement and verification tool. The company developed an energy management project appraisal, created energy saving forecasts, and analyzed resulting energy savings.
–A defense and security company significantly reduced greenhouse gas emissions through a sustainability program that included facilities/engineering/manufacturing efficiency projects and a comprehensive green information technology strategy.
–A beer maker raised hundreds of thousands of dollars in its community to preserve local waterways, protecting the water they use to create their beverages and keeping the community’s water system sustainable.
–A city replaced standard HPS streetlights with high performance LED roadway lights, improving light quality, durability and longevity, and saving in energy costs.
–A national retailer increased recycling rates of its corrugated containers, recycling more than 190,000 tons of the material in 2012, helping the company reach its sustainability goals for the year.
–A professional sports team installed new LED fixtures to light its stadium’s playing surface, providing 3X as much light per watt than high intensity discharge lamps and saving $125,000 in electricity bills.
–A beverage maker improved water efficiency at its African operations by 32% since 2007, surpassing its target of 30% by 2015.
This is just a tiny sampling of the countless numbers of environmental and energy management projects being implemented by corporations around the world. All categories of projects that improved environmental or sustainability management are eligible to enter for the chance to win a Top Project of the Year Award.
Learn more here.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems