Top Solar Companies
Solar Power World magazine released its extensive lists of the 2014 top solar companies in several categories.
Commercial Solar Contractors (comprising commercial, government, school and nonprofit installations) installed 1,112 MW in 2013, generating 4 percent annual growth at the national level. However, three of the top five states in 2012 – Arizona, California and New Jersey – shrank in 2013, reports Solar Power World. The top five Commercial Solar Contractors are:
- Gehrlicher Solar America Corp, Springfield, NJ
- MBarC Construction, San Marcos, Calif.
- Borrego Solar Systems, San Diego, Calif.
- Cenergy Power, Carlsbad, Calif.
- Main Street Power Company, Boulder, Colo.
Solar Power World says its category “2014 Top 50 EPCs” comprise companies that design, build and often maintain solar projects. “Their work involves installations ranging in size from single-kilowatt rooftop arrays to multi-megawatt utility projects,” says the magazine. The top five EPCs are:
- First Solar, Tempe, Ariz.
- Rosendin Electric, San Jose, Calif.
- Strata Solar, Chapel Hill, NC
- AMEC, Atlanta, Ga.
- Mortenson Construction, Minneapolis, Minn.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year