Hess - Click Here.

CHP

Tecogen Supplies CHP Systems via Energy Service Company

Linda Hardesty

Tecogen sold combined heat and power (CHP) systems to a group of public schools in northern New Jersey and Long Island, NY. The sales involved three contracts with a combined value at $1.97 million and were made separately to two regional offices of an un-named energy services company. The projects involved three high schools, one   …Continue Reading


YMCAs Save $30,000 per Year with CHP Systems

Linda Hardesty

Tecogen sold combined heat and power (CHP) systems to YMCA facilities in Meriden and Milford, Conn. The systems will supply 60 kW to each facility, while simultaneously providing hot water for building heating, domestic hot water and pool heating. The Meriden YMCA project is supported through the Connecticut Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program. The   …Continue Reading


Shanghai Disney Protects CHP Plant with Rotork

Linda Hardesty

Rotork valve actuators are supporting environmental protection technologies at the combined cooling, heating and power plant (CCHP) constructed to serve the new Disney Resort in Shanghai, China. A project for the Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone, the CCHP is a grid-tied, gas-fired power plant, which co-generates cooling and heating via engine waste heat and   …Continue Reading


Manhattan Hotels Choose CHP

Linda Hardesty

Tecogen sold three combined heat and power (CHP) systems to a boutique hotel group in New York City. The contract, valued at $1.76 million, will include both the prepackaged CHP units as well as the turnkey installation. The CHP units will operate in tandem with the Consolidated Edison grid, offsetting 100 kW of utility energy   …Continue Reading


GasDecEngine Prototypes Micro CHP Steam Engine

Linda Hardesty

Norwegian startup GasDecEngine Technology (GDE) has developed a micro-combined heat and power (micro CHP) steam engine to provide efficient energy on location. GDE launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise $150,000 by August 3 to combine with a $180,000 government grant to build a market prototype. GDE says the design of the micro CHP will allow   …Continue Reading


Hybrid Financing Pays for Multifamily Energy Retrofit

Linda Hardesty

The New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) and Urban Greenfit completed a $7.4 million energy efficiency and cogeneration project at Roosevelt Landings, a 1,003-unit residential development built in 1975. Unique financing was provided by NYCEEC alongside incentives from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), Con Edison and the US Treasury   …Continue Reading


Industrial Onsite Energy Production Concentrated

William Opalka

More than 90 percent of the industrial generation capacity is concentrated in five industries: chemicals, paper, and petroleum and coal industries account for more than 80 percent of onsite industrial generation; primary metals and food industries represent the remaining 20 percent. According to the US Energy Information Administration, onsite industrial generation accounts for about 3   …Continue Reading


‘Green Steam’ Expands in Boston

William Opalka

A “Green Steam” project that includes a 7,000-foot steam pipeline extension has been completed in the Boston-Cambridge district energy network by Veolia North America. The $112 million project includes the planned reconfiguration of the recently acquired Kendall Station combined heat and power plant. Green Steam is an innovative environmental solution that captures and reuses heat   …Continue Reading


ENER-G Puts Energy Management Into Its CHP

Linda Hardesty

UK cogeneration company ENER-G invested $1.69 million for a combined heat and power (CHP) remote monitoring and control system and energy management system. The new technology, called E-Power, will optimize performance of both the CHP system and the wider energy plant within a building. Traditionally, CHP systems operate independently of a building’s energy controls or   …Continue Reading


Little Hesitation for Green Energy in the UK

William Opalka

Eight major renewable electricity projects, with a significant emphasis on offshore wind, were awarded contracts in the UK, giving a massive boost to green energy growth. By 2020 the projects could add a further 4.5 GW of low-carbon electricity to Britain’s energy mix (about 4 percent of capacity). They include five offshore wind projects totaling   …Continue Reading


Enviance - Click Here.