Toshiba Carrier Expands HVAC Business Globally
Toshiba and United Technologies – through their joint venture Toshiba Carrier Corporation (TCC) – have set a target to double the unit’s $1.6 billion annual revenues by the next decade.
TCC already has a significant presence in the HVAC industry in Japan. Now, TCC will expand engineering and sales resources outside of Japan, and will include the establishment of engineering centers in the United States and Europe to strengthen development activities and sales engineering support for these regions. TCC is also looking at opportunities for overseas manufacturing in India and North America.
Additionally, the collaboration will focus on smart cities, which are becoming more prevalent in Asia, as well as machine-to-machine solutions. Both parties will announce specific cooperation schemes during the first half of 2015.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future